Friday, March 24, 2006

Look out BC, here I come!


I passed my BC driving test today! Woohoo!

I was nervous as hell, and I made a few minor errors. My first right-hand turn was a bit sloppy, and the first time I had to merge into traffic I was too sheepish and ended up having some difficulty - no-one in Vancouver is polite enough to let you in. Fortunately, I got a fairly lenient instructor who was willing to overlook the odd hiccup. Everything else I handled fine, including some good speed control, a couple of tricky left turns and a right on a red light, and a nifty bit of reverse parking. My test was also pretty short - it was over in 40 minutes rather than the hour I was expecting. If I'd had a harsh instructor or a full-length test, I think I might have failed.

I'm so relieved to have got that out of the way. I don't cope well with stressful situations like that. It must run in the family I think. I am certainly glad I took some lessons beforehand, or I'd never have passed. It makes me feel safer behind the wheel too now that I've had a little expert tuition. And I'll also get my UK license back at last - I'll need that as I am off back to the UK in a couple of weeks time for a visit.

No comments: