Saturday, August 11, 2007

Mini Film Review: Transformers


+ The robots were pretty cool to look at.
+ Shia LaBeouf was great, but totally wasted. This guy has lots of talent, and a strong presence on-screen. He could be the next big thing if he can find the right movies (like not this one :) ).
+ Lots of bangs to keep you awake.

- Too many inappropriate comedy moments
- Too long - learn to edit, film-makers!
- Not sure if I was just sitting too close to the screen, but all the blurred motion and fast cuts made me dizzy at times.

OVERALL: Entertainment for a few hours, but quite forgettable. This film satisfied, but probably isn't going to make anybody's Top Ten.

1 comment:

JCR said...

Coincidentally, I saw this the other day, and my thoughts were pretty much the same. It felt like it was a mash-up of many styles, desperately trying to figure out what it was trying to be, and who its audience was!

I thought the first half was must stronger, than the John Turturro/Comedy second half. In fact they should have cut him/his group completely...

Having said all that, I did really enjoy it :-) But I agree with your comment about the blurry motion; we all said the same as we left the cinema...