Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Steve's Stag Day


Our friends Steve and Janine are getting married in July. The wedding is going to be back in the UK, but they wanted to involve some of their friends here too so Steve had a Canadian Stag Day, which was the Saturday before last.

It started with stodgy breakfast at Denny's, which I decided to skip in favour of something more healthy. We all arrived in our prescribed uniforms - the worst shirt and tie we could find. And believe me, we found some pretty bad ones. It was also at this point that Steve was presented with his gift for the day - a lustrous blonde wig to die for.

After that, we all went off for a day at the races - Hastings Racecourse to be precise. The weather was decent (it didn't rain at least, which was good because we were outside all day), and it was most enjoyable. We drank some beer and had a little flutter. I won on the first horse I bet on, and was overjoyed until it was disqualified about 5 minutes later. Arse. That was my first and last "win" that day.

Next was a trip back into Downtown for dinner - which was curry, in the English tradition. The waiter saw our big group coming I think, and talked us into ordering far too much food, so we left the place completely stuffed.

And so began the inevitable pub crawl down into the gutter. I actually quit fairly early, with my excuse - I had to clean our apartment before my Dad arrived to stay :) I was very glad that I did, as I got to take part in my Sunday, unlike the rest of them.

I didn't take photos any myself, but here are a few if you are interested.

No comments: