Monday, March 26, 2007

More diets

So we didn't go to Cypress the next day after all, because we were too knackered to get up early. Which turned out to be very good fortune, because the mountain closed that day due to high winds. Rah.

Our trip to Cypress got postponed until yesterday and this time we lucked out because the weather was quite nice. That statement probably sounds unremarkable until you consider that for the last two weeks it has rained here in Vancouver almost non-stop. You wouldn't believe it unless you lived here, but boy is it wet in the winter. So a "quite nice day" was very lucky, actually. The snow conditions weren't fantastic - kind of crunchy with a soft underside, and unpredictable. Steph was skiing and I did some snowshoeing and we both enjoyed ourselves and got thoroughly tired, and then came home and ordered organic pizza and scoffed it double quick. Lovely.

Not too much else has been happening for us since my last post. I went to the doctor about my stomach problems and got some blood tests, some of which were checking my liver and kidney function and some were allergy tests on certain foods. They all turned out fine. Last week I had a good week for stomach trouble, and thought it might be connected to my no-wheat diet I was on, but then at the weekend I had lots of problems so I gave up that idea. I'll keep trying to cut out different things and see what happens.

This week is going to be busy. Tonight, we are off to see India Arie at the Commodore Ballroom. I kind of talked Steph into going so I hope she doesn't hate it. Then tomorrow (!) we see Badly Drawn Boy at Richards - not ideal having the two gigs back to back but there you go. As if that wasn't enough, on Friday evening we are off to Whistler for the weekend and the last snow-based activity of the season.

Bye for now!

1 comment:

JackayLee said...

Hello, I am from China! I saw your blog. I feel very lucky!I wish you success in the days ahead, everything goes smoothly! I used Google Translate put Chinese characters translated into English! Similarly, I would like to thank the Google!
Re welcome!!