Sunday, August 19, 2007

Mini Film Review: The Bourne Ultimatum


More of the same, which made me happy because I loved the first two movies. The camera was even wobblier this time around - perhaps a little too wobbly. I liked the fact that the film had a really minimal script, and did a lot without much dialogue. I particular liked the relationship between Jason Bourne and Julia Stiles's character - few words, lots of moody glances. Great fight scene too (as always). Oh yes, and the car chases down Italian streets made me a little homesick for Europe - everything's a grid here. Shame this is the last movie. And Bourne would obviously kick Bond's arse (though it would be close).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Uh-oh - more wobbly camera? I think it was the second one I saw in the cinema, and I remember being really annoyed/affected by it. Maybe I'll wait for the DVD.

Iain said...

I wasn't nearly as annoyed by the camera work in this one as I was by Supremacy, it didn't have anywhere near as many cuts in the action sequences.

And surely this can't be the last one, there's 2 more novels to "adapt" (ok, take the name from).

James said...

Two more? I thought they were only doing three movies, but here's hoping. I think the third has been pretty successful.