Monday, September 01, 2008

Bowen Island


Last weekend Steph organized a day-trip to Bowen Island for a whole load of us. Steph and most of the others went to do some kayaking, but I don't like sitting in kayaks so I did some walking with a few friends. We originally intended to walk to the top of Mount Gardner on the island, but when we realized how long that would take we wimped out and went for a nice stroll around Killarney Lake instead.

We had accidentally chosen the weekend for our trip that was also"Bowfest" which is some sort of annual fair / festival on the island. We were going to check it out after we finished our walk (while waiting for the kayakers to return) but it cost good money to get in so instead we went to the pub :) It was called Doc Morgan's and had a very nice location by the water (shame about the service though).

We also lucked out on the weather. The week before had been dreadful (see my previous post about Radiohead), and the following week was also dreadful. In fact, even the next day it poured with rain but on the Saturday we had warm weather and sunshine. Hooray!

I've uploaded some photos to Flickr. Sadly, I don't have any of the kayaking, or the pub. I'll see if I can dig up any from other people.

No comments: