Monday, September 01, 2008

Drowned Rats

I spoke too soon in my last post about the weather. The next week, things turned for the worst. Our Radiohead gig on Tuesday evening was very soggy indeed. It was certainly memorable for a variety of reasons:

  • I lost my umbrella - they wouldn't let people into the event with them :(
  • We ended up more wet than we'd ever been in our lives.
  • At the end, there were thousands of people trying to get out of UBC, which caused gridlock on the roads, and completely overwhelmed the bus services. We were very lucky to push and shove our way onto a bus late that night, or we might have ended up stranded miles from home when the bus service stopped.

Still, I think everyone enjoyed Radiohead anyway. And although I was still non-plussed by them after the gig, I now really like their latest album. Weird.

Here's a couple of dodgy movies with awful sound :)


No comments: