Saturday, September 13, 2008

More sunny days

In my last post, I started by mentioning that it had finally stopped raining. Well, guess what? Nope, you're wrong. It's still sunny! It's been sunny all September so far. That's already made up for those couple of dreadful weeks in August. We're making the most of it while we can. Steph has been getting out and about in the daytime while she's not working, and I've been cycling to and from work as much as I can, which has been great for exercise.

Last weekend, we cycled around Stanley Park which is much nicer now that the heaving summer crowds are dying down. We followed that with a swim (for Steph), and a walk up to Prospect Point and back for me. It was lovely to walk through the park again, as I haven't done it in ages. Shame to see that they've constructed a huge car park at Prospect Point. I expect there will be a mall and a bunch of fast food restaurants there soon :/ The park itself is still lovely though.

On Thursday, Steph's parents arrived for a two-week holiday, so they are currently enjoying the sunshine with us. Steph has been attending an animation festival called SPARK over the last few days, and has been thoroughly enjoying the various talks. I went with her to see the directors of Horton Hears a Who! from Blue Sky studios, which was very entertaining, and that was followed by a screening of the film which was excellent.

Tomorrow, we are off to the beach to enjoy some of this late summer sun. I hope the weather is good wherever you are.

No comments: